7 Aug 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow on Marriage and Finally Being Herself

By Elle
We all thought we had Gwyneth Paltrow pegged. Then the Academy Award–winning actress, rock-star wife, and cookbook author shimmied with Cee Lo at the Grammys and tangoed on Glee—and we swooned. Hollywood’s most unexpected funny lady opens up about her marriage, her career, and finally figuring out that“it doesn’t matter what people think of you.”


On her decision to take on other roles like Glee to be able to focus more on family: “I can do short jobs. If I was still starring in three movies every year, there’s no way that I’d be the person my kids want when they fall down.”

Joe Zee Styles the Glee Cast

On her much-talked about appearance on Chelsea Lately: “Doing Chelsea Handler is like doing Howard Stern: You’ve gotta rise to the occasion. It’s good to shock people who think of me as the prim Gwyneth Paltrow.”

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Best Hairstyles


On deciding to take on more upbeat roles: “I’m sick of doing the crying-in-my-soup part. I want to sing. The main thing is, I want to have fun.”

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Disastrous Dinner Party
On deciding to launch GOOP:  “When you go to Paris and your concierge sends you to some… restaurant because they get a kickback, it’s like, No. Where should I really be? Where is the great bar with organic wine? Where do I get a bikini wax in Paris? People know that I know that…”
The Priciest Celebrity Spa Treatments

On keeping her marriage out of the spotlight: “He makes music for his fans, and he doesn’t want people to conjure a lame famous couple when they’re getting into his music. I get it.”
Small Things That Will Improve Your Marriage
On the false rumors of a split: “Sometimes it’s hard being with someone for a long time. We go through periods that aren’t all rosy. I always say, life is long and you never know what’s going to happen. If, God forbid, we were ever not to be together, I respect him so much as the father of my children. Like, I made such a good choice. He’s such a good dad. You can never be relaxed or smug and think, I’ve got this thing. That’s also part of it—keeping yourself on your toes. I’m not going to take this for granted.”
Is America Too Blasé About Divorce?

Photos: Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...